Medicinal plants to cure sore throat
The primary role of phytotherapy in the treatment of sore throat is to use those plants with the following purposes:
– Germicidal plants : able to kill many germs that produce sore throat.
[spoiler title=”Ver Imagenes y Leer MAS”]
– Mucilage plants to soften the irritated throat
– Anti inflammatory plants, able to reduce throat or tonsils inflammation .
– Analgesic plants , which will reduce pain
Medicinal plants for sorethroat
– Aloe (Aloe vera ) Aloe possesses antiseptic germicide, anti inflammatory, moisturizing and regenerative properties, . Applied on the skin, it turns out to be one of the best remedies against most of the diseases affecting it (Gargles with the juice diluted in water)
– Arnica (Arnica montana) Perform gargles with the liquid of the infusion of one teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water) ( Dilute 20 drops of tincture in a glass of water and rinse your mouth. (Do not swallow the liquid) ( See toxicity or possible contraindications in the study of this plant)
– Echinacea (Echinacea ssp.) (1000 mg daily supplement of echinacea divided into 5 doses) ( In external use, you can also make mouthwashes with the juice of the fresh plant or dilute a few drops of tincture in water to do mouthwashes)
– Lime: (Citrus aurantifolia) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves or a piece of lime rind, 3 times a day. Combine with plants that relieve sore throat caused by coughing, such as plantain, mallow or marshmallow).
– Kumquat: (Fortunella spp) (Take the fruits with skin. Syrup: 1kg. Kumquats, 1kg. Sugar, 2 liters of water, grated ginger (juice), 20ml. Lime juice).
– Walnut (Juglans regia) The astringent and germicidal properties of this plant can be profited to carry out gargles to treat affections of the respiratory tract such as sore throat or pharyngitis. (10% infusion of dried leaves in a liter of water. Make gargles)
– Oak (Quercus spp.) Gallic acid, besides being astringent, has anti-inflammatory properties because of flavonoids. (Decoction of a teaspoon of ground bark for each glass of water. (5 g.) Drink 2 glasses)
– Vervain (Verbena officinalis ) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water for 10 minutes. Drink 2 or three cups a day)
– Lemon tree (Citrus limonum) Before the appearance of tonsillitis or sore throat, it can be useful to carry out gargles with the juice.
– Mint (Mentha spp) (Gargles with the liquid from the decoction of 30 g of dried plant per liter of water
– Barley (Hordeum vulgare) In cases of inflammation of throat, tonsils, tobacco, cold , etc. gargling with barley water help reduce inflammation and decrease pain.
– Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Gargles with the infusion of spoonful of fresh root in a glass of water. You can add honey or lemon to improve its taste. After gargling, swallow it.
– Elder (Sambucus nigra) (Gargling with infusion of 20 g. Of dried flowers in a quart of water.)
– Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) (gargles with the infusion of the dried plant.)
– Greater plantain: ( Plantago major) Because of its content in mucilages, it performs emollient properties, that’s to say it soothes the respiratory mucous membrane, so it is used to cure sore throat of wounds in the mouth, caused by infections. Also very suitable to treat aphonia or coarse voice. ( Apply mouthwashes with the liquid of an infusion on a teaspoon of dry leaves in a cup of water. This liquid can be swallowed.)